Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa, Crete seeks an individual to cover the following position:
Rooms Division Manager
Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (Front Office, Concierge, Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
· Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service
· Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
· Review all customer comments and feedback relating to the Rooms Division, ensure immediate action is taken and ensure solutions to prevent dissatisfaction are implemented
· Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
· Carry out inspections of rooms, public areas and back of house areas on a regular basis to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times
· Develops ideas to increase Rooms Division sales by upselling
· Maintain & achieve high standards of rooms’ operational efficiency by ensuring all SOPs are up to date and all employees are effectively trained.
Studies in Hotel Management are required, Work experience in a similar position at a 5 star hotel for at least 2 years, Prior Marriott experience,
Excellent communication skills, Fluency in English, Knowledge of any additional languages will be considered an asset, Computer literacy (Ms office, PMS systems), Advanced Leadership skills,